viernes, 15 de febrero de 2013

MAKEUP TIPS by Melissa Gibson

ESPAÑOL

What lipstick would you recommend to get a nude lip, but not overly nude, more on the natural side? Thanks!
I love Half n' Half. Still a bit of colour but on the nude side.

I have the worst skin ever. Huge pores, oily, rough skin, and lots of redness. What would be the best primer/foundation regimen?
Start with some good skin care. Prep & Prime Skin, Oil Control Lotion, and a small amount of Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. Top with Blot Powder.

Hey Melissa, I am N45 complexion and I have facial hair below my chin, how can I conceal the darkspots I have there without over using my foundation or concealer?
A soft brush (I like eyeshadow brushes) with full coverage concealer only in the areas where you need it. Apply a light powder over top to set it.

I noticed orange lipstick was all over the Golden Globes this season. How do I wear it and not look like a clown?
I love Morange Lipstick. Here’s a good trick for any brights. Apply the heaviest amount of colour in the centre of the lip fading out towards the lip line. Use a soft brush with a small amount of concealer on it to get rid of any hard lines.

I love Smokey eyes, but would love to switch up the colours. Which shades of pinks/purples can you use to create smokey eyes?
Deep Plums and Chocolate browns! Check out Shadowy Lady, or Swiss Chocolate. Both yummy!


I want to bring out my eyes....what shadows and liner would you suggest. I'm blonde, green eyes.
Gold tones and Plums are great for that combination. Try Woodwinked eyeshadow and use it with Teddy Pencil. It will make your greens eyes glow!
Can you recommend a foundation for very oily skin please? Thanks
Go light on the foundation. A little Studio Fix Fluid just in the t-zone. Use your Primers to start with though. It will help.

Which are your favourite colours which you generally use for lipstick?
I actually carry around about 40 colours! haha! A few great ones though, Russian Red (of course!), Show Orchid, Flesh Pot just to name a few.

What colour of MAC eye shadow do you think is elementary? 
Woodwinked and Shroom. They work on everyone!

I am not familiar with your skin care products. I have oily skin and large pores. I must exfoliate at least 3 times a week. Which products do you recommend?
Green Gel Cleanser (a personal fav of mine), Oil Control lotion (the more you use it, the more it controls the amount of oil produced), and a primer under your foundation.

What is the best way to apply kohl? I never really liked the way it looks when I apply it on my own...but it looks great when a makeup artist does it. How can I make it look good especially since I have dark circles...
Kohl pencil can be softened with a brush for a lighter finish. A kohl liquid is a bit stronger. Soften it by trying fluidline instead. Go with a deep brown tone instead of black.

Best type of eyeliner? 
I love the Fluidliners. Easy to apply, and they don't move.

What MAC primer is the best?
Depends on what your needs are. I use the Prep and Prime Skin but the one with the SPF 50 is also fantastic. My new fav though, is the Natural Radiance. Gorgeous under Foundation.

What is a good under eye concealer (dark circles) that won’t look strange and last all day?
Our Full Coverage Foundation/Concealer is wicked! Apply it with a soft shadow brush so you don't have to heavy of an application.

How can I find the right foundation for my skin? Seems like this is a big problem. :) Thank you!
The best way to figure it out is to go see one of our amazing artists in store. There are so many to choose from and sometimes we all need that extra helping hand to find what's best.

Is kohl really necessary for small eyes? I wanna go without kohl but I don’t like it without applying kohl
No, we have so many great products and they all work on small eyes. Try a fluidline or shadows for shading.

Hi. I have oily skin, would Studio Fix powder be a wise choice for me?
It can be, but don't overuse it. A light dusting with a powder brush is all you need.

Which kind of bronzer I can use if I am a very white person?
The Mineralize Skin Finish Natural shades are perfect. Go a shade deeper than the person’s skin tone. Easy to use as well.

Should primer be a must have in make up? 
YES!

What is the Must-Have product for all women?
A little concealer and some mascara. You can make magic with just those 2 items.

Any tips for making your makeup last all day? Thanks!
Primers are a must! They can really help with longevity. Also finish with a great powder like Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.

More info at MAC Official Facebook


Add a comment

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario